Welcome to the Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering
From 3D printing nanomaterials to managing global supply chains, industrial engineering is a field of possibilities. An Industrial Engineering degree from K-State provides both a depth of technical knowledge and breadth of professional skills, preparing students to tackle complex problems in manufacturing, healthcare, humanitarian logistics, supply chains and more.
Top News and Stories
- Technology Development Institute assists in development of new litter control product
Design assistance provided by the Technology Development Institute, or TDI, in the Kansas State University Carl R. Ice College of Engineering has led to the design and production of a new product to reduce litter and improve the environment during outdoor recreational activities.
- Carl R. Ice College of Engineering presents inaugural Sue Barsamian Awards for Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion
The Carl R. Ice College of Engineering had even more to celebrate than usual at this year's fifth annual Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Summit on Nov. 9, presenting a pair of new awards created by alumna Sue Barsamian.
- Halil Tetik, K-State IMSE graduate student, was recognized for having a 2021 North American Manufacturing Research Institution Conference Outstanding Technical Paper.
- Jansen Penny, IMSE 2021 Senior, shares his lessons learned through his leadership and involvement experiences at K-State
- Mohammed Al Abdullah is changing the world through kindness
Mohammed Al Abdullah graduated in December 2020 and has left a mark of positivity at the campus.
- Six graduate students recognized for research presentations at K-State GRAD Forum
Six graduate students earned awards for their research and scholarly presentations at this year's K-State Graduate Research, Arts, and Discovery Forum.
- Industrial engineering student earns top award at Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers regional conference
Ethan Copple, senior in industrial and manufacturing systems engineering, was awarded first place in the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers South Central Regional Conference paper competition.
IMSE and the College of Engineering are committed to working towards racial equality, diversity and inclusion. Please see the following statement from the College of Engineering deans and department heads and know that we're here for you and we welcome any questions or concerns. https://engg.ksu.edu/about/diversity-and-inclusion/
Ethan Copple, IMSE Senior, won 1st place in the "Students Having Fun" category. Steel Ring hosted a "Minute to Win It" video making contest for the 2021 Engineering Open House.
Shiesido Robinson, IMSE Senior, entered the "What Makes You Unique" category with the National Society of Black Engineers. The video won first place during the 2021 Engineering Open House.
Legendary K-State football coach, Bill Snyder, spoke at last fall's IMSE Academy/Advisory Council joint meeting. You can listen to his speech here. Posted with permission and recorded by IMSE alumnus, Amy May.